help me please

My five month old is cutting his first tooth HELP!!!

lonemom1987

Asked by lonemom1987 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• teething tablets work, orajel also helps, teething rings
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You have not mentioned what he is going through... as I recall, probably a bit of a fever, crankiness and a lot of drooling. We used a gel teething ring that we could put in the freezer and massaged the gums with a homemade popsicle (fruit juice in the freezer poured into small ice cube trays) - our daughter loved it!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Humphries... ask the pharmacist.... helps so much and helps them sleep comfortably.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• He drools a lot is very cranky screams and cries a lot he always rubs his face when he's awake I can see a white thing on his lower gum he chews on everything and today he tried to chew on the puppy's nose, poor cashus he's so picked on
    lonemom1987

Comment by lonemom1987 (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Homemade popsicles are what got us through teething too. I would water down the juice and freeze it.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'm doing teething rings. It says you're not supposed to freeze them but I do it anyway. She doen't hang onto it long enough to cause frostbite. Maybe I'm a bad mom, but it's helping. :) Good Luck lonemom 1987!!
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I bought these tablets there organic you put 2 little ones in like a tsp of water let it absorb into the water than pour it on the gums it works like magic i did the teething rings too but they both were too cranky for them and crewed on blankets or anything they could find :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2010