What was the worst punishment you ever received as a child/teenager?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was made to pull weeds out of our flower bed. Took me all day and then after I am finished, my Dad comes out and says, You know, if you had wet the ground before pulling the weeds, they would have came out much easier! I was so mad.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 6:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• my parents took my car away when i was 17. i was sooo pissed off i hated it! the reason was i was getting into a lot of trouble, skipping school and doing other stuff i shouldn't have been. the car being gone didn't stop me, i just found other ways to ditch. but now that im older and wiser, i see their good intentions and feel ashamed of who i was back then.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My mom's second husband was awful about punishments.

Once, he decided I'd "mouthed off" so he made me stand in the kitchen and cook 10 pounds of bacon. (HUH?)

Another, I sighed at the wrong time (meaning he was yelling at me and I exhaled too loudly), so he took my phone, tv, radio, computer, tape player and all non-school related books (I had to argue to keep the one for my English report) for 2 weeks. I was only allowed out of my room for school, meals and the bathroom (and even then I had to ask permission!) If I went into the main part of the house and the TV was on, I had to stare at the floor.

And once, I missed a spot on the back of a plate washing dishes, so he took EVERY kitchen item out of every drawer and cabinet and I wasn't allowed out of the kitchen until they had all been washed, hand dried and put aside for him to inspect.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• my mom punched me in the face a few times when i was 11 because i forgot to give her a letter from school about a pasta dinner
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• standing in time out I think has to be the worst punishment my dad pulled my hair a lot when I was growing up, he also made us go get sticks off the trees to hit us with.While I believe in spankings I do not agree with abuse to which that is what we got
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• they called the cops on me....
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My mom had me arrested and got treated like a criminal. I was traumatized and it was over a huge misunderstanding. I still get nervous whenever I see the police.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010