If you are a member of an organized religion, is it the one you grew up in?

elasmimi

Asked by elasmimi at 6:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. I was raised Baptist but now attend a Church of Christ.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Did you ask this yesterday or the day before? I grew up Methodist. We now attend a independent protestant church that is spirit filled.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We attend a large Assembly of God church, and no we weren't raised AOG. I was raised Southern Baptist, and DH was raised Independent Baptist. We went to the Baptist church for awhile, and then eventually ended up at a Non-Denominational. That's where we were all saved and baptized.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Religion yes ... denomination, no.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 6:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Not religious
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I was raised Christian, and I still consider myself Christian, though I'm constantly cultivating my faith through further study/discussion/contemplation/etc. I was baptized Catholic and spent the first few years of my life in church there, then had time in a Pentecostal church before my parents settled on Methodism. I consider myself a Christian Universalist now, though I've not really changed my beliefs, they've just grown. I tend to be unorthodox, though my mother never really pushed orthodoxy. She encouraged thinking outside of the box, considering things for ourselves. So I've been doing my own thinking and study for as long as I can remember. But I believe faith is about the growth, the journey, and not about the arrival at one stagnant way of thought, if that makes any sense...

What I'm trying to say is just because I was Christian and still am Christian doesn't mean my faith hasn't grown or progressed....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I was raised SDA (seventh day adventist) but now I'm LDS.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I was raised southern baptist and I am now a Pagan
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• As a child, I knew my mom believed in God but we only went to church a few times. I now have my favorite church and it is not the same one.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 7:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I grew up Baptist and now to a Non-denominational church.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2010