How much bleeding before it looks like miscarriage?

I started bleeding last night (spotting) now I am bleeding more this morning with cramping. It seems to be a somewhat steady trickle and takes several wipes each time to the restroom to remove the blood (SORRY TMI)... My question is.. how much blood is still OK to have a safe and healthy pregnancy and rule out miscarriage.?

JulesInCa

Asked by JulesInCa at 2:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You should probably go to the ER. My daughter miscarried 3 years ago. It started as cramping then just a litlle bit of blodd. By the time we called for the ambulance she was in severe pain.
    Anonymous

• Mine started with cramping, then bleeding, then my bag of waters broke. I would say if it's more than spotting to go to the ER....Good luck hun
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Hey Jules, Please go to the ER and then let us know how you are doing. I bled like that at 8 weeks with Lydia, and things turned out fine, but you really need to go in. I hope things go well for you!!!!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 2:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• yeah i agree u shud go 2 the er i had a mc in june and it started out as spotting then it was bright red like a period i was only 5 weeks i dndnt cramp it was jst like aperiod in fact if i wudnt have taken a preg test 2 days b4 i nvr wud have known i was preg
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2008