swelling.. what is normal what isnt?? need advice asap!

these last 2 days i have been suffering from swollen legs and hands.. i havent called my doc yet cuz i not sure if its just a normal thing.. (i know u can get swelled feet during pregnancy and its a normal thing.. )
i have been feeling really strange these last 2 days too..and last nite i thought i was gunna faint.. i got dizzy laying down! should i call my doc? or go into l&d? i have been putting my feet up and drinking lots of water.. i even took a bath to relax my body and so far nothing has helped at all.. any advice

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The swelling I am not so worried about, but paired with the dizziness makes me think high blood pressure, which tells me you should at very least call the OB department at your hospital or call your doctor (Regardless of it being Sunday they will have an answering service and they will page the doctor to your number).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• the swelling of my hands and legs was all the sudden.. it didnt happen over time.. i was fine all day yesterday then lastnite when i was layin down watching tv i got up to get some water and my legs felt funny.. i looked at them closer and say that they kinda just blew up...i was feeling dizy when i was layin down but didnt think anything of it.
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yes, call your doctor or the L+D or your doctor.

Don't bother with ER, I hate them when it comes to pregnant women, and at the hospital I work at if you are over 20 weeks along they send you down to the OB department anyways.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I swelled instantly as well, although it started with only one foot and ankle, very weird! The other side never really did catch up!

Anyway, I'd definitely put in a call to my doc or nurse right away, just to make sure it's ok and doesn't sound like anything more to them (since they know your history and what else to watch for). Remember, you have nothing to lose by calling them! (I know, easy for me to say, I was never in a hurry to call them, either!)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Call your doctor. Could be serious. The dizziness concerns me, too.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2010