What would you do?

We had a Christmas Party last Saturday. My five year old daughter's best friend and family were invited, and my daughter was excited. Her best friend and her family never showed or called to say they weren't able to make it. I felt so bad for my daughter. She spent the whole night looking out the window for her best friend. I told her that maybe they were sick. I checked my email, voice mail, and cell phone, but there wasn't a message. It is now Tuesday and I still haven't heard from the best friend's mom. I wrote her an email before the party to remind her. She said they were coming and couldn't wait. I'm not sure what to do? I was very surprised that I didn't hear from the Mom. She has always been great about getting in touch with me. What should I do?
Thank you!

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Try driving by their place and see if they're okay. If you're use to hearing from them and they haven't returned messages in may not be a good sign. Or maybe they went out of town and completely forgot they said they were going to be at the party
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• have you tried to call her?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I haven't tried to call or email because I didn't want to come off like.. "so why didn't you show" I was hoping she would send me a message.
    CSJMommy3

Comment by CSJMommy3 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Did something come up or happen?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i agree with the first answer if this is odd for them then it sounds like something happened..
    NaiveDream

Answer by NaiveDream at 7:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• oh boy... I hope not
    CSJMommy3

Comment by CSJMommy3 (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'd call just to make sure she's ok.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think that is a great idea about just calling her to check to see if they are ok.....You can approach it as if "I got worried since I haven't heard from you all in a while and just want to make sure you all are ok".~ I bet you feel so hurt for your daughter and hopefully everything will be ok!

mrc809

Answer by mrc809 at 8:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2010