Will I be wrong to do this?

My mother is an alcoholic. She drinks from the minute she wakes up till the minute she goes to bed. She only cares for herself and no one else.
She ALWAYS drinks and drives. I'm tied of her putting people at risk and not even caring.
She's had 3 DUIs in the past 22 years the recent 2 were in the last 5 years. I want her to go to jail where she belongs so she can sober up and not put people at risk for her selfish ways.
If I called the police and gave them her car description and license plate number and where she was located do you think they'll pull her over?
I'm I wrong for wanting her to get arrested?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• No, I think in this case you might need to be cruel to be kind. She is putting herself in danger, let alone others, and I think that doing this for your mother might be the best thing you could ever do... Perhaps it'll be the wake up call she needs. There's also no need for her to know it was you, since I think that could wreck the two of you's relationship forever.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Not wrong at all. She could hit someone and kill them. As long as your ok with it, do it.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You are not wrong. In fact, you are being extremely responsible.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I do think that is the way to go but you can have her commited and make her get help
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You are not wrong. You do not want anyone to get hurt. I would call and hopefully the cops pull her over.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think you want her to get help. Like you said she not only putting her life in danger but also that of innocent people. If shes not willing to go to rehab herself maybe that will trigger it.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• No not wrong...your loking out for her and other people around her. If you call them and tell them that you think someone is drinking and driving then they should check it out and might pull her over.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Why is it wrong you want to stop her from hurting others thats right in my book!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I work at a police department. When you call her in they will observe her driving. They can't just pull her over esp if you remain anonymous but if her driving is not good and they have suspicion that she may be under the influence then they will. And I think you are totally right in doing so.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You are not wrong. How would you feel if you could do somthing about it and she killed some poor innocent people?
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2010