Hey I have a couple of questions about Prenatal Vitamins

Ok I just started taking Prenatal Vitamins yesterday I have a few Questions...
#1 Does it matter what time I take the Vitamins each day?
#2 Do I take it at the same time everyday?
#3Does it help me conceive faster due to the nutrients and supplements?
#4 Is it good to take before conceiving?
#5 Does it decrease the chances of deformity or any other birth defects @ birth?

sweetytweety001

Asked by sweetytweety001 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• #1 Does it matter what time I take the Vitamins each day? No.
    #2 Do I take it at the same time everyday? Yes
    #3Does it help me conceive faster due to the nutrients and supplements? Yes
    #4 Is it good to take before conceiving?Yes
    #5 Does it decrease the chances of deformity or any other birth defects @ birth? Yes if it has folic acid.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• thanks so much very helpful :-) and it has 800mcg of folic acid
    sweetytweety001

Comment by sweetytweety001 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• #1 Does it matter what time I take the Vitamins each day? No but most say to take with food
    #2 Do I take it at the same time everyday? Yes, but it isn't like birth control where it is a big deal if it varies a little bit
    #3Does it help me conceive faster due to the nutrients and supplements? Yes, but not the same as fertility meds
    #4 Is it good to take before conceiving? Yes, because you are pregnant for at least a month before you even know about it and this way the baby is getting nutrients from the very beginning
    #5 Does it decrease the chances of deformity or any other birth defects @ birth? Yes
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• thanks sooo much these are answers i want to hear :-)
    sweetytweety001

Comment by sweetytweety001 (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Most say to take with food, but mine made me sick to my stomach so the midwife suggested on an empty stomach. They should be taken around the same time every day. It doesn't really help you conceive, but it is good to take before hand especially the folic acid due to the decrease in some birth defects.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• #1-2) It doesn't really matter what time, though to some women it matters whether they take it with food or not, and a routine helps with remembering to take it.
    #3) It doesn't actually improve your fertility in and of itself. It makes you healthier overall, which can improve your chances.
    #4-5) It's good to take before conceiving because it decreases the likelihood of birth defects. Many birth defects happen because of deficient vitamin amounts in the first few weeks after conception, which is many times before the mom even knows she's pregnant. Taking the prenatal vitamins already takes care of that.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I try to take mine at the same time every night. I take them at night because they make me feel sick if I take them during the day. Plan on taking them from TTC, through pregnancy and through breastfeeding!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• As so many have already offered answers all I will add is that you may want to take them with food.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010