ITS ABOUT GOING BACK TO SCHOOL

I WANT SOME OPINIONS FROM OTHER MOMMIES OUT THERE. I WANT TO TAKE UP COLLEGE COURSES NEXT YEAR WHEN MY YOUNGEST IS IN 1ST GRADE AND SCHOOL ALL DAY. I WAS WONDERING DO YOU THINK ON-LINE CLASSES OR ACTUALLY SITTING IN A CLASSROOM WOULD BE BETTER. IF IT WOULD HELP ANY ITS BEEN 18 YRS. SINCE I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL.

19angie74

Asked by 19angie74 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in

• I'm going back as well and i opted for all on-campus classes. I think I need the help focusing and not getting distracted by other things in my home. It's been 15 years since I've been in school. Have fun =P
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It's really about how you think you would learn the best. I'm doing online and it's working for me because it's flexible. The class I had the most trouble with was statistics. It's a hard class and I'm awful with math, but I managed to pass.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Congratulations to both of you!!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I tried both and found in class was better for me. I have dropped four online classes and only completed one - it has cost $$ since it was past the refund dates. You may be able to do online just fine. I have many friends who go online with no problem.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 7:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'm going back to school starting in Jan. I have a 9 year old and it's been 27 years since High School for. I did try online classes and just could not get into the groove of it. And there are so many for profit universities who's degree is not highly looked upon. IF you do choose online schools choose one that does have a brick and mortar school with it. Otherwise I would encourage you to do a regular campus, at least for the first year or two and then maybe some online courses that most brick and mortar schools offer.
    MtnDesertMama

Answer by MtnDesertMama at 7:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would say if you have been out of school for that long it might be a good idea to go for on campus classes for at least a little while, to get back in the groove of things. It is very easy to fall behind in online classes...If you do online classes make sure its from an actual school like MtnDesertMama said.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If you do an online school just make sure it is accredited and that if you wanted to transfer your credits would count. I love actually going to school so when I went back I chose to go to classes instead of online. Good luck either way!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• for me the campus works better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• depends on your major. some majors do not have the options of any online classes. i am going to school for something very hands on. i took three online classes. it was very difficult. i had not been in school in about 10yrs and it was like 8hrs a day i had to be on there and this past semester i had two online classes. like one of the posters said very easy to fall behind and hard to catch up. i would say do one online and do one oncampus at least to try it out. its very flexiable and if you love the computer its great. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Classroom because of the interactions with other students and the instructor being right there if I need help. Online is ok, but I tend to put the work off until the last minute on online classes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010