really dont know the answer or what to do? plz help

i am now 3 week's and about 2 days late. i took a prego test 3 times all negative. i want to take another one since the last one i took was a week and hafe ago. except me and my hubby had intercorse last night. and was wondering if that has any effects on the prego test? does this effect the test? should i hold of on taking one? and how long more should i wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No it won't effect the test. Take another test in the morning. If it's negative call the dr to see why you haven't started your period. He/she might give you something so you will start.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Intercourse won't affect your pregnancy test. Like the other poster said, make sure you take the test with the first urine of the morning. That is when it will be the most accurate.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 7:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It may be that you are going to skip this month. It doesn't happen to a lot of woman but there are so many factors that can make you not flow...but follow up with dr. for your concerns.
    CDPmom08

Answer by CDPmom08 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Thanks for the help. Ppl are telling me to also take a blood test. What's the difference if I take a blood test or urine
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Blood tests test the amount of HCG in the blood and can tell you that you are pregnant with much less HCG in your system than that of a HPT.

It's rare but some women do have a condition where the HCG never secretes into the urine or it doesn't happen until well into the 2nd or even the 3rd trimester. This could be your issue or you may just have a hormonal imbalance.

If you are not pregnant and you have a hormonal imbalance then the doctor can give you something called Provera to start your period.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Latest update so I took a prego test it came out negative a after 2min. Anyway so left it. Now I went back a couple of min ago and I can see a very very very thin line. That u have to look very close to see it. It's a light fainted pink does it mean what I think it means or am I just seeing things......???????????????????
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• After the recommended time frame the test becomes invalid. It would depend how long you left it. if it's still within the manufacturer's time frame you could very well be pregnant.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You do NOT count the results after the 10 minute time frame. The test is considered invalid after that time frame.

I think it's time to see your doctor.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Go and get a blood test. Really they are so much more effective.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• take another test in the morning. If it comes out negative again, then see your doctor. Maybe you haven't produced enough hcg. your doctor will do a blood test and with that you'll know if you are.!
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2010