a question for the pagan mommas on here....or others who may know i guess lol

i was just wondering if there was any significance that the lunar eclipse was the same day as winter solstice? i'm just curious since it is my understanding that the two don't coincide very often. sorry if this question was asked before....i don't really have much time to look through the other questions in the religion section (ugh, got alot of cleaning to do!). thanks :D

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its considered a potent time for spellwork or doing rituals. The full moon itself is powerful for workings but with the power of the eclipse it was even more so. Gives it extra umph you could say.

That is why its special to many of the Pagan/Witch set of beliefs.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'm sure that someone will come along with more understanding. Just wanted to add that its been 456 years since the two happened on the same day.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My husband did not see it as a big deal but for me it was. I feel very drawn to the moon so for me it was a big thing and I am soooo disapointed that it was cloudy here last night and I was not able to see much of it....i could see it for about 1 min then not again for another 10 =( But it more or less depends on the person.
    Anonymous

• Oh my what a fabulous night it was last night and what a BEAUTIFUL day today. There was a lot of really good uplifting energy this morning at the sunrise gathering.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Eclipses historically foretell an omen, often a bad one. Which is easy enough to produce as there is always bad things going on. But the modern Pagan movement has only been active for under a hundred years, so there isn't any tradition established that speaks on this spectacular celestial event. But for Moon lovers in general, this was a once in a lifetime event and that creates it's own excitement.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Both can be seen at symbolic rebirths.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2010