OK so when......

I am considered a high risk pregnancy. I am going on 9 weeks on friday. When is it ok and safe to have sex with my DH again. We both want to but we are afraid to hurt the baby.

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That would be something I would want to know from my Dr. Every pregnancy is different including the reasons why would is high risk.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I wouldnt do it until you get doctors approval
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• 2 months before I found out I was pregnant this last time I had a misscarriage.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• yeah, you need to ask your doctor this question, not random women on a website.
    Anonymous

• I would for sure check with your doctor. Depending on what caused the miscarriage you might be limited, but having a miscarriage does not always mean you are high risk on other pregnancies. And it does not mean sex will cause another one. I have had two miscarriages back to back and I am so sorry that this happened to you, too. Good luck with this pregnancy!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• This is definitely a question for the doctor. He knows your medical background, and all the detailed reasons why you're on pelvic rest. It's not worth risking your pregnancy until you get a final word from him/her on that one. Try to be patient, mama! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i would ask the doctor, we really dont want to give you the wrong advice, whn you say high risk what is the extent?
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 11:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2010