why must you comment on my babies size??

whatever happened to just saying oh your babys cute ! instead of oh wow look how big she is! : / yes i know shes "big" i make big babies moving on.... seems like thats the first thing ppl say..
btw shes not "big" shes 6 months old 17 lbs true she is wearing some 12 month stuff and she does look like a chunky money b/c shes not active right now...
sigh

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 8:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A lot of people don't have a filter and never will!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I know how you feel. First of all, my son has consistently been in the 45th-50th percentile for weight his entire life.He's a ta perfect weight. He's at about 75th for height, so he's a little tall, but occasionally someone will say, "Omg, he's so big!". He has chubby cheeks, but that doesn't mean he's overweight. I was somewhere the other day when this lady said, twice..."How old is he? He's a big one! Wow", and she didn't say it in a nice way. She actually sounded pretty rude I finally said, "not really", and as she was walking away I said, "You're not too small yourself".
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I get that a lot but I just ignore it. My son is skinny but very tall for his age so I get people saying that all the time to me
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I get oh she's so tiny all the time... Or look how skinny she is...

I don't think people are trying to be mean or anything. It's just something to say.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I got the "Oh, he is so big" comments about my older two sons. They are tall and skinny. Now I get the "OMG, he is so little" comments about my youngest. He isn't tiny, just smaller than most.

I try not to worry about it too much, the kids doctor has always been happy about their sizes and that is all that matters. Too bad we don't have a mute button for some people.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I get that too. My son is only 3 pounds or so underweight for his age, in that lame bracket they seem to place kids in nowdays....and he is tall as well. My sister is always saying he looks so thin. He wears a size 5 pants, just about a size 5 shoe and 6-7 in the tops. Funny how his pediatrician says,"Mom... he is fine. I SAY he is fine! Don't worry about what others say!" 

Hard to ignore, but people like genagina never will have that filter! 

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 8:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I experienced the same with my son he left the hospital wearing an 6-9 month outfit - one time a stranger just keep on and on and I said oh I did not realize that we were that close to comment on each others personal appearance - Your ass looks HUGE in those pants and I think you are way to old to be wearing that top and your make up makes you look like a postitute, I smiled and walked away. (ps her husband gave me the thumbs up as I walked away and was LOL) I was terribly rude and immature but sometimes you just need to vent. Your baby sounds beautiful and healthy. Best Wishes, as you can see from all the other posts people will always find a negative (in their mind) to pick at.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 8:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I had a "big" baby and a "small" baby. I always just smiled and said thank you we think he's beautiful too.
    Anonymous

• wow really SW? panties in a bunch much-
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I guess I'm just not understanding why it's offensive. I had a big baby--over 11 pounds at birth--and people commented ALL THE TIME how big she was and it never ruffled my feathers. Unless I was to read into it more than was actually there, of course, but I didn't. She was a big baby, people were surprised/impressed/curious about it and I didn't feel the need to snipe at them over it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010