Serious Question

I have seen a lot of banter and joking about being a Bitch and being proud of it. When did it become not only socially acceptable but a desired characteristic to act in this manner? After my irrational and ill manned post this morning - I have been thinking about this all day.

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 8:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I wondered that myself the other day when my coworker said 'she'll tell it like it is, she don't care if she looks like a bitch.' ?? My momma would have smacked me for an attitude like that growing up!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Good question :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• lol The 80's...maybe 90's lol Great question!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• But Mommie has the key - the lack of morals being taught by parents. When we started teaching kids that they were the best thing that ever hit the earth and worried so much about their self esteems we lost sight of treating other people with respect.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Great second question when did having an opinion give anyone the right to be mean, cruel and offensive?

mrsljamieson

Comment by mrsljamieson (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I was thinking about a similar question today...how is being called a bitch and being told you're acting like a bitch different? I was having a talk with a friend about that...I see no difference, so I was wondering what others thought...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010