Why do the 'teen' moms...

always feel the need to point out that they are a 'teen' and then get mad when the answers include people downing them for being young? Why add you age to the question? How is it relevant if all you want to know is whether or not (this) is normal in pregnancy or whether what your child is doing is 'normal'? They always start with I'm 18 or I'm only 16...

Not bashing young moms I just don't understand why you set your self up for criticism. (Not that I understand the criticism either...)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think that kids that age actually think they are old enough to completely handle having a baby and unfortunatly most are not, so they add that to the question expecting special treatment because they are so young. Most "older" moms don't think it's cute and funny and so they respond with the truth and maturity does the rest. This is only my opinion and I could be way off.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Because, unfortunately, so many of them are proud that they are teen moms.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Maybe they want people to know that they are young and confused or inexperienced but hoping htat people wont bash them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Okay but why not 'first time mom'. I just don't get the thought process there.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010