Who among us think....

that having a gay child is not something that is going to happen to them? None of us are immune, it can happen in the most religious families and  to the most unbelievers, faith is in no way a guard against this. Are you one of those who think, not my son/or daughter? If you are tell me why?

Asked by older at 8:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I will never have a gay child. I took my prenatals while I was pregnant... Okay ladies I'm kidding!
    I'll like to know what people say to this to so I will bump ya.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• actually i do know its possible and im not gonna lie, its something that scares me. i really dont want any of my children to be gay. i have nothing against gay people, its just not something i want my child to have to deal with or me to have to deal with but if it happened, i would still love them.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I know it's possible and I could care less if they were gay, straight, bi, trans. I will love them just the same.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Not me. I know it's totally possible.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I know it's possible but I don't worry about it. If he is, he is. As long as he's happy, I support him.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Not me. I know it's possible. I'm not worried about it, either. I'll love him no matter what.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If she's gay, she's gay. If she's straight, okay too. Whatever.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• older ... you are not making any sense. First, you try and tell me that you know homosexuals who are close to God, and then turn around and say that only people who believe in the Bible believe that marriage was meant for only one and one woman.

First and foremost, your original question is about MY children - not about all homosexuals. I can't force my beliefs on another, but you have asked how my family would "deal" with this under our beliefs.

God is the one that says that sex is only for one man and woman in a marriage covenant. God is the one that says that sin (which includes sexual immorality, which encompasses homosexual behavior) separates man from God. God is the one that says, if you love Him then you will obey what he has commanded. I have not made these statements on my own authority - this has what God has said - I'm simply a messenger.

If my children told me that they were gay, I would still love them ...
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• When did I say that I would exclude them from family gatherings?? I said that I would pray for them! Prayer ... do you know what that is?? It's a conversation with God whereby I bring my adoration and worship of God, give thanks to Him for all He has given me, confess my own sins, and then make my petitions known ... in the case you have presented, one of my petitions would be to change the heart of a child in sexual sin. How did you get from THAT to exclude from family gatherings and practically shun them from our family?? You very clearly do NOT admire my faith, if you think this of me. I feel sorry for you and your preconceived notions of Christians. I would never put a wedge between myself and my children, but I will NEVER embrace sin in their lives whether it is homosexual behavior or alcoholism; whether it is heterosexual promiscuity or drug abuse. I love my kids TOO MUCH to embrace behavior that separates them from God
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Bot something I have thought to much about as my kids are 3 and 6. And the 6 year old just recently realized that 'you don;t have to marry your sister!?' (lol- he has delays) I guess it's possible and we will cross that bridge if we get there... My love would not change.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010