bad luck

Is It bad luck to buy a baby book (the kind that you fill out yourself) this early? I'm about 6 to 7 Weeks pregnant and would like to buy one but don't wanna jinx myself. what do you think?

blondie09

Asked by blondie09 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its too early to buy one. u never know what will happen.
    Anonymous

• That entirely depends on how superstitious you are. Some people won't even buy pregnancy books until their pregnant. I didn't allow myself to start buying any baby items until I was good and pregnant, though. It depends on how much something would affect you afterwards, should things go wrong. Is this something that would make you smile because it happened, or burst into tears over what might've been?

One plus about having a baby book sooner, rather than later: a lot of them nowadays have an early pregnancy section: How did you get the news, how did you feel, who did you tell, even stuff about doctor's appointments. From my experience, most baby books I've seen are unfinished. If you get a start on it now, maybe you'd be more likely (since you'd have TIME now) to get stuff done. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• i wud atleast wait till aft ur 1st trimester jst 2 be sure u dnt have a mc i dnt really think u wud jinx urself but anything can happen good luck
    Anonymous

• Well, I lost my first pregnancy (twins), at 11 weeks, and I had bought a few things already. When I got pregnant with my oldest son, I refused to buy anything, I didn't even take out the stuff I already had, except for my pregnancy book. I was sooo paranoid about jinxing myself that I didn't get anything for him until I was in my last month. With my younger son, I was less paranoid, I bought stuff for him throughout my pregnancy, and he was fine too. It's just superstition. Do what makes you feel best.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2008