Does registering with the National Do Not Call list really work?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 8:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Technology

• Did not work for us, we still get calls from people wanting donations for all kinds of causes. We just switched our number and now we are unlisted so I'm hoping that will help.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Don't know, but those who are on it should know the do not call thing only applies to people trying to sell you stuff. It doesn't apply to people trying to survey you and things like political calls and such.
    Anonymous

• No it doesnt work. When I owned a home phone I was placed on it and I still keep getting calls
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It counts for any company that is SELLING products, the law does not apply to Surveys and charity calls, like said above.

If someone calls for a survey and you really don't want them to call you back, just tell them that you are under 18 and so is everyone else in the house.....or ask for a supervisor, but in most cases your number is randomly dialed and unless they key it in to the computer as a nonworking or underage house, you could get a call back.

I worked for a survey company, so I got many of the I'm on the do not call list anger responses.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010