How many calories do I need in order to lose weight?

I'm considered morbidly obese. My height is 5'6 and my weight is 220 lbs. Some days I don't do much physically activities. I walk at a moderate pace maybe three times a week for 15-30 mins. I am wondering how many calories I need to eat in order to lose weight.
Thanks,

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 8:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• check this out here.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• 2000 at the most a day GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'd guesstimate 1,500 a day. Knock off 500 calories a day, and you should be good =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• less than u ingest PLUS work outs!!!!!!!!
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• As far as weight loss goes I wouldnt start counting right away. Just make some lifestyle changes. Run, walk, take the stairs, park far from the mall entrance etc. Start out slow with food intake. Eat oatmeal or some egg beaters for breakfast and eat a normal lunch without the carbs. Its always good to start out small than to make yourself crazy with an extreme change
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I like nutridiary.com-
    they say that cutting out 3500 calories a week is supposed to equal a pound lost.

I Recommend richard simmons sweatn to the oldies!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think that it all depends on what you eat at the moment, at least that's how me and all my friends have always done it and it works for us. For example if you eat 3500 calories a day now (not suggesting you do - but i know I do some days!) don't suddenly cut to 2000, that'll yoyo too quickly, start off by eating only 3000 a day then cut it down to 2500 then 2000. Never go below 2000 because that is not healthy at all.

Also exercising is important but it doesn't have to be scheduled go for a jog exercise. Say you'd be planning to clean out the basement/attic or had a little project you wanted to do... do it. Or just come up with some games and run around with your children - get into the spirit of things and the weight drops off quickly without you even meaning to.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• 1500 or less a day.

if you really want to lose weight... I recommend the "six week body make-over". It's well worth the money! And if you don't want to buy it... After the new year when I get a computer to use... I plan on sharing all I've learned from it in my group "help you lose weight"/see profile for link... I'm going to start it again afterv the 1st and will guide people and teach all about it.

if you want a more accurate calorie intake information for a low cal diet... There are lots of links online for calorie calulators.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 5:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Id say around 2000
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2011