Are you a City Girl or a Country Girl?

If you had your way would you live in the city or the country? Maybe you already do, if so tell us about the beautiful things about the city or the country.

inmywritemind

Asked by inmywritemind at 3:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Travel

• Thank God I'm a country girl!! Sometimes it's inconvenient not having a Walmart or a fast-food place close by and the winters are hard, but there's nothing that compares to those soft summer nights and the view of the stars from our back porch on those quiet summer nights. Makes all the inconvenience worthwhile!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 3:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I live in the city but hate it. I would trade it for a nice country home any day! Our next house will be out in the country...it's just going to be awhile before that happens :)

I want a bigger yard with more space between the houses. I like having neoighbors, but not so close.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I'd rather live in the suburbs. I don't like too much of either, to be honest. I like having both of them near me, but I wouldn't want to live in either for a long amount of time O.o
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I'm def a city girl, lived in Philly for my first 19 years of life. I love the all the busyness (sp?), the people, the stores, the clubs, the traffic, lol. But with Dh being military, I have been stuck in the desert for the last 5 years. I'd much rather live in the city.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 3:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I live in NYC and I LOVE it. I love the diversity, I love that I don't need a car to get where I need to go and I love that there's always something to do.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I was born and raised on a horse and cattle ranch in Wyoming and now im still in the country in Illinois!!!! With collage and when I was married I did live in town never a CITY but in town but not for long....
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I'd rather live in a growing town. I hate big cities but it seems like small towns don't have enough to do.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 3:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I definably live in the city (Las Vegas) and I don't like it. Ya it's fun to visit but try imagine living here, it gets tiresome after a while. I want to move to the country really bad but my finance doesn't want to leave it here, says it's his home. But we can always visit and enjoy it more that way.
    starbucks_mama

Answer by starbucks_mama at 3:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• ive lived in both I think the country is a nice get away place when you need a brake but i like to have everything right there and not have to drive 20mins to see civalization(sorry cant spell)
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 4:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I live in the burbs - think Stepford. It seems like a nice place, but everything is pretty mundane and predictable. I would rather live in the country where I could grow a huge garden and live off the land instead of out of the market.
    I have never lived in the city - like urban sardines - I am too closterphopic (sp?). I need wide open spaces. I like to visit big cities - but I am cluless about subways & taxi's and always feel at the mercy of others to get me where I'm going safely.
    I didn't like dorms in college or the apartment life of my 20's - I relish my privacy and prefer not to have someone's nose up my bum all the time. For now, work is in town, our hearts are in the country and our tails are sitting somewhere in between!
    greenergypsy

Answer by greenergypsy at 4:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2008