If you could change one law that is currently in effect, which would it be?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 8:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Electoral college revamp - instead of a number of votes based on state, every state gets one total vote. The vote is divided based on how people vote - if 20% vote for candidate A, 10% for candidate B, 1% for candidate C, and the other 69% of registered voters are no shows, it registers like this:
    A: 0.20
    B: 0.10
    C: 0.01
    None of the above: 0.69

And repeat that for each state. Must get at least 25 points to win. If nobody does, go back, find new candidates, and start over. In the meantime, provisional congressional appointees, one from each party, will take a co-leadership position. Oh, and all registered voters who no show 2 years running get dropped from the rolls and have to re-register to be counted again.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Make the laws concerning Child endagerment and molestations much much stricter.. OK thats two.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'm with tntmom.
    I would make laws for rapist and molesters stricter and automatic death sentence for those sickos
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• End the drug war.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would make gay marriage legal in all 50 states.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Well, I always take a lot of heat for this, and I couldn't care less about that, but I would abolish abortion of every kind. Everyone deserves the chance to be born. I can tell you all now, I'm not gonna argue, bash me all you want. This is my position, my opinion,and I'm as much entitled to it as you are to your's. Hope you all have a pleasant evening.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would make a law that all illegal immigrants need to go back to where they came from.

In my town there was a guy who got arreseted 28 times and the govt knew he was illegal and didnt deport him until he was drunk driving and killed a 4 yo.

Im not trying to pick on anyone, Im an immigrant myself, 100% legally!!!!!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Immigration. Make it easier to become citizens.
    amanda81919

Answer by amanda81919 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Pass the Fair Tax bill.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thank you, loving. That really means a lot to me. I appreciate your open mindedness.

thank youyou rock

cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010