is statuary rape part of your rape when you considering that its ok for an abortion?

i read all about rape and in that case its fine. but what about statuary rape? do you consider that rape. considering the minor it can either be male or female because female do sleep with younger males. mostly teachers which is sick. anyways, that is a different topic. anyways, this is just a questions. so is it part of the "Rape" you all are speaking of or you just talking about forced sex. date rape or stranger rape. something to think about. and if a teacher gets pregnant by a student say and it has happen do you think she should have an abortion? so i guess this is a two part questions.

thanks

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 9:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• statutory rape is rape .... obviously. Do I think that girls who get pregnant aught to have an abortion? I think that is a tough question to answer. Obviously it is a tragedy, but the risks must assessed first. There ARE very real risks to young girls who have abortions, and the chances are that a girl who has started her period, is likely to be handle the pregnancy with reasonable safety - certainly more safe than the abortion procedure. I don't think a young girl should keep a baby - I think it aught to be given up for adoption.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 9:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• For me, rape is not just cause for abortion. I was 14 and raped by a 28 year old and thank goodness I did not get pregnant, but if I had I would not have aborted the baby.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• harris - I know I wouldn't because I have always had the same feeling about abortion - for me it's murder.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think it would be wrong for a 16 to abort because she choose to have sex 16 and 19 are old enough to know better and know that sex can lead to unwanted pregnancy
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Depends on how old the child was. If she was like 14 and the guy was like 30 of coarse.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• scoutmom how do you know what you would do since like you said you didn't get pregnant?
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• ok so you are saying if the child is 17 and guy is 30 that is ok? i know in some states 17 is considered an adult. even 16 is considered an adult. so i was just curious. where do you all draw the line on statuary rape? think about it teenagers have sex. 18 yrs can be having sex with 15yr olds and get pregnant and that is rape but yet its seen differently because they are teenagers. but 30 yr old and 17 yr is different. but its the same in the eyes of the law. i love to see how the dabate goes on this one. again i am just curious.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'm sorry, but that is not a reason for abortion. There are no good reasons for abortion.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• 17 then no abortion isnt okay.
    I believe abortion should only happen on RAPE or if either baby or mom will not survive the pregnancy or birth
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• cbk mom3 that is all i am asking because alot of people on here say its the exception for an abortion. i am just the person asking the question. i am neutral. i want to be at least. if that is humanly possible.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010