can i still get my tonsils out and get cavity filled if im preggers?

im sheduled to have surgery in jan and if i am preggers i would be going on 3 months is it unsafe?

chucho317

Asked by chucho317 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't see why not, does your doctor know that you are pregnant? If he/she knows and still has you scheduled then it should be alright. I know dental work is best to be done early in the pregnancy since later can cause complications. Not sure about tonsils since I had mine removed when I was 7.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I dont think they are gonna put u under to get your tonsils out
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• They will most likely put you under to have tonsils removed. They will not put you under if you are pregnant unless it is life threatening. I'm pretty sure it's safe to get a filling though. However their numbing agents usually have epinephrine in them, so that might harm the baby.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't know about the dental work but as for the tonsils NO. It would be unsafe for the baby for you be sedated. I wouldn't risk it. I would talk to your doctor. See if they can do a blood test to see if you are and if so maybe in the very early stages of pregnancy they might do it but not 3 months in. If you are just wait until the baby is born and you've recovered from delievery. I've had my tonsils out and its not fun. GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• the dental work thats a no i would think, i wouldnt think they would do anything though since your pregnant! I really dont kno though!!!!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 11:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2010