Does anyone spot before period is due? Please help

I am on DPO 11 (Days past ovulation). My period is due in 3 or 4 days. Lately I have been very dry. Today I was laying there and felt really wet. Went to bathroom and it was clear and kinda stretchy fluid. I did a cervix check and the clear mucus had some threads of red blood in it. Checked about 20 mins later and again very miniscule amounts of red blood in mucus...like threads.
Does this mean my chances of pregnancy this month are over and AF will start early? Has anyone else had this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have mucus like that right before I start my period. And when I was pregnant. The spotting could be from implantation, or it could be your period about to start. I didn't have implantation bleeding with either of mine, but I've spotted before my period a couple of times after anovulatory cycles.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• The stretchy fluid sounds like what I saw when my friend had a miscarriage go get checked. I spot before my period but never had that.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• not sure about the mucus like that..i know when i ovulate i have mucus..and sometimes its tinted...and i do spot before my period..
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• see the doctor thats your best bet
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• That's exactly what I had the month I got pregnant with my son. Doctor said it was just implantation spotting. I had mine on 9 DPO.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Sounds like your ripe and ready to go. Go have sex now. Yeah a little spotting is normal.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010