my 10 wee old puppy has been constipated all day and threw up what looked like a twig off of a bunch of grapes

After she threw up the small twig like thing she has thrown up again but nothing but bile...she also smells like poop. Is there anything I can do to help her feel better and make her " flow" smoothly.
I do not have money for a vet at this time and since they ask for payment up front I need to know what I can do at home.

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 9:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Pets

• you can try a laxitive, but only give her a small amount. Get a rectal thermometer and stick it up there (make sure it's lubricated) and wiggle it around to try to stimpulate those muscles to release the bowels. and be prepared for her to maybe not make it. We had a dog that got into some poisonus berries and did the same thing your puppy is doing, within 3 days our dog was dead. I'm sorry. If you can't get her to poop it out, and she's not throwing it up, there's not much you can do expect make her comfortable.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Grapes are toxic to dogs. I would call a vet. It can lead to renal failure.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Ive always heard that grapes are poisonous to dogs too so Id be heading to the vet.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Grapes are toxic to dogs. give the vet a call first and give your dog some hydrogen peroxide. it will make him throw it up.
    Mshellv1107

Answer by Mshellv1107 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Sorry this is going to sound harsh, but so many people don't think of these things before getting a pet.....
    You need to take the dog to the vets, You just got a 10 week old puppy knowing that you can't afford the vet bills,thats not the puppies fault and should not have to suffer because you can't afford his medical needs. Would you have adopted a child without being able to take care of it.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• TYPICALLY I CANN AFFORD A VET BUT FOR NOW IT IS CHRISTMAS AND MY HUSBAND NEEDS $300 WORHT OF CAR REPAITS AND I NEED A NEW TIRE AND THERE IS ALSO OTHER THINGS THAT ARE GOING ON SO FOR THE NEXT WEEK THINGS WILL BE TOUGH JUST LIKE IF MY KID GETS SICK PULLING A $20 COPAY OUT OF MY REAREND IS GOING TO BE VERY TOUGH.
    THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GETTING A DOG AND BEING POOR!! IT HAS TO DO WITH HOW LIFE IS GOING AT THE MOMENT.
    alotleft2do

Comment by alotleft2do (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Why would you get a puppy at this time of year if you can't afford it? Honestly? The puppy depends on you for seek help on their behalf...it NEEDS you to make decisions in their best interests, not when it suits you. "Life going on at the moment" is not an excuse. Your puppy is 10 wks old...its tiny still!

Grapes can be poisonous to dogs yes...so the dog needs a vet visit.
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 7:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You need to get the dog to a vet.

How she got hold of grapes is another question. Grapes will kill a dog. Find the money, beg, borrow or steal it. Or go with one car for a while. The dog will die in severe pain if you don't get her looked at. call the vet, explain your circumstances, tell them the dog ate grapes, she is throwing up and has the runs....get her fixed. Or, take her to the vet, tell them you can't afford to look after her and sign her over to the vet's so she can get the care she deserves.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 1:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Go to a check cashing place if you have to, but take that dog to the vet.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 1:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2010