How to get a dog to go to the bath room in the rain?

Sometimes she wont even go when the grass is just wet. The back yard is fenced in so I usually just let her out, but when it's raining I have to put her on a leash and practically drag her out there and stand in the rain until she goes. Any tricks?

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 3:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pets

• LOL. My dog is like that too. I think it's because he was born in the desert! Anyway, I find he doesn't mind so much if I take him out front on the leash rather than letting him go in the backyard. However, hard to do with my two little ones in the rain. :) But there's not a whole lot you can do to make your dog pee if she doesn't want to. My dog is so stubborn he's held it for 18 or 19 hours when it rained really hard one time!
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• LOL. Can you cover an area for her?? I know, it sounds silly, but she really doesn't like it.
    How old is she? Is she a big dog?? You can always put pee pads down inside for her when it's raining. It might make it easier.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 3:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• my dog is also like that but there a part from the house that keeps the side dry so she runs over to the side as quickly as possible, does her thing and runs back!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2008