So who here would seriously die without a c-section?

I would, I wouldn't make it and neither would the baby!

Thousands of years ago I know that women did everything the natural way and some died having children.
Now with medical procedures, women like me don't have to die trying!
So WHY is it that some women are so hostile about others who need c-sections? Obviously most of us didn't choose to have them in the first place!

I'm having my third and get bashed all the time! The first was an emergency where we almost died and my second was stillborn. If you weren't in those situations then how dare you judge me.
So is there anyone else out there that really has no other options???

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it would re irresponsible of you to NOT have a c-section if it puts your baby at risk. You have to do what you have to do. I almost had to have one and I'm glad I didn't, but if I had to that would have been fine as long as the baby was safe.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• With my first child, I dilated and pushed for 4 hours - she wouldn't budge! When her heart rate began fluctuating alarmingly, they told me the suggested c-section was no longer optional. She was so stuck in the birth canal, a nurse had to stick her hand "up" me and push so the doctor could get her out. I got an infection in the incision, and had to have surgery later to repair it.

2 years later, I was referred to a high-risk OB for my second pregnancy. When I told her about my daughter's birth, she was amazed that the baby was alive and healthy. With no explanation for my inability to push her out, and my history of infection, the doctor would not consider a vaginal birth for baby #2. He was a planned c-section, and now I have two healthy, happy kids.

No one should give you a hassle when your doctor says a c-section is best. A healthy child is the goal here, not a "perfect" delivery!
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 3:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yup; I too would die along with the baby.... my body refuses to dilate; I suppose the tilted uterus has something to do with it, but not sure there. Either way, I will not open up; with my first I almost went as she was stuck down in there; during my actual c-section they had to push her back up to get her out of my cesarean. So for all babies of mine, I have to have them between 38-39 weeks, as if I go into labor it will end up in an emergency c-section anyways, and it's far easier on me and medical staff to be prepared ahead of time instead of possibly losing me and the baby due to staff not being there, etc.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 3:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• They bash because they don't know any better I suppose; as everyone's circumstances are different. I just chalk it up to them be naive and/or ignorant. Sure life is created by God as they all preach, but if they were so hell bent on bringing up God, they wouldn't judge others for what they could not control; or simply not judge others at all. Let em keep talking crap, one day they will grow up; and if not, karma will come back to make them do so.
    leoangel

• Who bashes you for this? You shouldn't even be concerned with what people think on here, unless you are seriously asking a question and need an answer. Then just read the ones that look like they may help you and forget the rest. When you respond to a question, don't go back and see what others have posted about your response.. who cares... just move on.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I think they bash because they think it's truely not necessary. I'm due to have my 1st in May. I'll definately try to go without, but if it's absolutely necessary, I certianly would.
    Everyone has different ideas of what makes a c section necessary, and some of the reasons given are not what others would agree with. But that certianly doesn't make them right. If you had to have it, you had to.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 3:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• There is a certain amount of pressure being put out there, i think there is an assumption that women are electing c-sections for the convenience of not having to go through labor and/or having to deal with incontinence later in life. I am diabetic and my doctor will be performing a c-section tomorrow (two weeks before my due date) I was conflicted about it, because of all the comments around me by my friends who did it naturally and tend to support only natural birth, but i believe that the risk of something going wrong while diabetic is higher than the risks of a c-section. Labor can send the body in to great distress, my sugar could go up or down and i might risk losing the baby before delivery, meaning still birth.

Loba

Answer by Loba at 4:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I DNT UNDERSTAND WHY PPL MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT OTHER PPPL WHO HAVE 2 HAVE C-SECTIONS U HAVE TO DO WHATS BEST 4 THE BABY I GUESS THEY DNT KNOW NE BETTER MAYBE THEY SHUD WATCH THE DISC HLTH CHANNEL!! LOL AND YES I WUD HAVE A C-SECTION IF MI HAD 2 TO SAVE ME OR MY BABY
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Healthy momma, healthy baby - that's the end result EVERYONE wants. How you get there is between you and your doctor and NO ONE ELSE.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• They bash, because many doctors do c-sections because it's easier for them. They mostly aren't bashing you, more your doctor, but you as well because you listened to him, if you get what I mean. It is true that about 2/3's of c-sections done in America really are completely unnecessary. Canada does a little better, but about half of ours are unnecessary, too. Failure to progress usually means it's past your doctor's bedtime, or he wants to go play golf, sorry to say. More c-sections are done at night or on Friday or Saturday than any other time.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2008