Why does every shampoo I try makes my scalp itch the same day?

Head and shoulders is just as bad! Is there something wrong with my health to effect my hair?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 9:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Health

• You are probably allergic to parrabens. Parrebens are in almost all shampoos. And they will make you itch. Try finding a paraben free shampoo, look up Eufora, and Surface. They are both parraben free and may help you.

Head and Shoulders is awful! It has sulfur in it! Itchy!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It might not be the shampoo, it might be that the water is too hot. I find my head itches like crazy when I use water that is too hot.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• look for all natural shampoos. There is a company called Lush (lush.usa.com) they have really good natural products.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I suggest you try some of these shampoos.  They are natural and hand made and a little goes a long way.

http://www.lush.ca/shop/?GTSE=goog&GTKW=lush&WT.srch=1&GCID=GOOGBrand&gclid=CP7DsM76_qUCFY64Kgod0DzPnw

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It's caused by the cheap harsh chemicals in your shampoo & conditioner. The only shampoo I can use anymore is Jordan Essentials Original Shampoo. I use the leave in conditioner. No parabens, SLS or DEA. They are made in the USA.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2010