How can I get rid of a boil?

Its grown. Its painful. I have a lot more respect for Job in the Old Testament, who had boils all over his body! Mine is in the inner thigh wrapping around to by back side. Hurts to sit.... Any relief?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 9:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Health

• Lots of hot pack, you can go to the dr and some will drain them. Others will tell you to keep hot packing it until it softens up and then it will drain on there own. I have had alot of them myself. Even one on the buttocks and they are very painfull.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• REALLY hot damp cloth until the skin starts to thin, then take a lancet (you can get the from the pharmacy) and snick it open a little then just keep pressing on it like a pimple. There might be several layers of puss and blood before you get it all out but just stick with it. When it is done make sure to disinfect it and put a bandage over it so it doesn't get infected.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 10:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i agree with the hot compress but you can also use Ichthammol ointment (its made of tar, black in color) its works wonders drawing insides out of boils. apply a thin coat on area at night and cover w a gauze pad then in morning apply the hot compress. its over the counter at any big pharmacy, cheap too! never try to "pop" a boil you will only end up irritating the surrounding areas.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010