Hmmmmm

My lips are peeling and I keep getting pimple like bumps on my lips. could this be from licking my lips so much or the change in atmosphere? I am totally getting acne EVERYWHERE.

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For the acne, if you can afford it, Ren has a great product line that's safe for pregnant women. I used their face wash during pregnancy, and Caudalie lotion. They're both available at Sephora. Cetaphil is a good way to go, too. It's hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, so it generally won't add to the problem, and its very gentle. Lots of Chapstick for this tender lips, mama. Carry it in your pocket. Try Burt's Bees Replentishijg Lip Balm with pomegranate oil. I love it! Plus, it's not petroleum based.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• could be. don't know where you live or anything, but if you've heard of the Dr.Oz show I suggest you go on his website since he recently did a show about skin and natural ways to help with blimishes (and dry sking patches). could help.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• maybe your mouth is cracking and that causes the bumps? I've never gotten a bump on my lip so I'm not sure. licking your lips a lot will make your lips dryer. use a moisturizer. I got acne a lot when I was pregnant it SHOULD go away once you have the baby and the hormones are out of your system.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My lips stay chapped all winter long. In high school I used chap stick so much that my lips stopped producing thier own mositure. Out of habit I lick them. It could also be time for your period or a recation to something new you have used. Try eliminating things.
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I cant have a period due to I am pregnant.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• put lanolin on them 3x a day
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• thank you ladies.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2010