My husband is addicted to pain pills what should i do?

Hello..Dec. 16 made me and my husband 15 years of being married..I know he is addicted to pain pills..has been for quite sometime..he quit for about 2 months..he was doing great..we was doing great..getting along better than we ever had in years..then he started hiding his paycheck stubs..wasting money once again..we have 2 kids..a 9 yr and 1 yr old..i am just to the point where i am actually thinking about leaving him after christmas..i am sooooo sick and tired of being sick and tired...i am don't think my heart can take much more..of him lying to me...just painly looking me in my face and as if he was truly telling me the truth...and lying..i can't stand it..i have soooo much angry inside me for him..because he has hurt me soooo much..i just want my husband back..what on earth can i do to give him a wake up call? i don't want to lose my husband..but i do know i can't go on like this...please help me..thank you..

momma2them

Asked by momma2them at 10:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• you can have him put into rehab dear. If that dont work then leave maybe that will wake him up
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• this is a very hard situation. If he doesn't want help he isn't going to get it. I think you need to really talk with him and give him your bottom line. I have a friend who went through this and she ended up leaving her husband. I know it was very hard for her to leave, although once she made the decision to leave she said it felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. That was over 2 years ago and she is much happier now.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If rehab is not an option I would talk to him. When you know he is clean, in the morning. Tell him your leaving and then grab the kids and go. His drug use around your children is harming them too.
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• hugs

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I am seeing a counselor for the issues my husband is having as well. Even though it is not the same as your husbands, it is still in essence, a lack of self control thing that keeps him from hurting the person he supposedly loves (me). My counselor has told me "Sometimes you need to create a crisis for someone else to realize they have a problem". By that, she meant leaving.
    1bizzymommy

Answer by 1bizzymommy at 12:53 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Is his doctor prescribing all these pain pills for him? If so, maybe the doctor isn't aware of the problem. I would contact his doctor and make them aware of this problem. What really needs to be done is, he doesn't need any more prescriptions for pain. If that doesn't work, rehab would be the next step.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think you need to leave tomorrow...unless he is willing to help himself by agreeing to rehab or counseling. This problem is so much bigger than you can solve and that environment is not good for you or the children. You need to lay it on the line for him. Don't put up with this for another minute.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:10 AM on Dec. 22, 2010