How can I have the relationship with my DH that I want to have?

I love my husband more than anything, i would bend over backwards for him. I want to have a closer relationship with him but most of the time i feel like he holds me out at arms length and won't let me in. Even though he tells me he loves me. He was married a couple times before and he was treated very badly so he has some major trust issues. It makes me want to cry because I'm having to try to convince him of how much i love him because it seems like he almost doesn't believe in love anymore. He shows me affection by buying me things but i would rather just sit and talk or hang out together or have open conversations. Am I just not being grateful for what i have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I would go out on a date to dinner somewhere and I would be honest with him. I would tell him how you feel and what you are looking for from your relationship. Let him know that you understand this is hard for him and help him learn how to trust again.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Marriage is hard work. You have a man who loves you. His just doesn't know how to show it. This is the man YOU married. You know who is was before you got married. Years later you can't change him, only mold him into the man you want him to be LOL !
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Trust takes a long time to develop between two people. I think you need to be really patient with him and hope that he will eventually trust you enough to let you in. In the meantime, by all means, try to appreciate how he does try to show you now that he cares. Maybe, he can learn to open up more to you, maybe not. Time will tell.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 10:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Thanks all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010