How can I get my 2 year old to stay asleep in her bed all night

My daughter just turned two at the beginning of the month. She has been in a toddler bed since nov 24th. She was fine slept all night n no problems. For the last two weeks she's been waking up in the middle of the night n screaming!! She refuses to sleep in her bed. She willcome get in my n my husbands bed. At first I was like we I'm tired But I can't take her being i our bed. She kics us in the face n doesnt hold still! How can I get her to stay asleep in her bed again?! I rock her to sleep everynight n when she's out I put her in her bed but if not within mins with a couple hours she's screaming. We all need sleep!!

Mommy2Layla08

Asked by Mommy2Layla08 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use to fall asleep with my daughter and if she got upset I would have to calm her down and kept it going until she was comfortable in her own bed. I kept letting her know that she is a big girl and she couldn't sleep with mommy and daddy. It will take a while. Hang in there sister.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I feel so bad. My daughters a drama queen n spoiled. Lol but it's getting impossible I don't know what else to do! I just wanna yell n scream! She falls asleep on me just fine. It's when she relizes where she is. Except when she gies down fir nap time I rocker her n put her in her bed n it's not an issue!
    Mommy2Layla08

Comment by Mommy2Layla08 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'm a grandmother of 2 small children. My granddaughter, at three years old, has a mind of her own. Keep explaining to your daughter that she is getting bigger and she can't continue to come into your bed. You shouldn't give in; let her scream. I know it's hard, but when my first son was just 10 months old, when we put him in his crib, he would scream and cry. I let him stay in his crib and cry it out. He cried for 2 hours straight at first, then 1, then finally he got the message. Mind you I was downstairs feeling terrible and wanted to cry myself, but I didn't give in. When she comes to your bed, put her back in her own bed. You will probably have numerous sleepless nights while enforcing this, but sooner or later, she should get the message. Have you tried gating the entranceway to her room so she can't get out?
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes I have and she figured out how to unlatch the baby gate ! LOL
    Mommy2Layla08

Comment by Mommy2Layla08 (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2010