Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I'm truly frustrated, please any help?

My DH deals with Bipolar disorder as a result of this he has to take very strong medication that kills his sex drive, we have sex maybe 1 time or twice a month. I'm one of those sex feinds i would have it all the time if i could( with him that is, i'm not a tramp i don't want anyone else). But every time I try to talk to him about doing things to me other than sex if he doesn't feel up to having sex, he gets highly offended like i'm attacking his manhood or something. He feels unadequate because he feels like he can't keep up with me sexually. I don't want to hurt his feelings so i don't talk about it much anymore but honestly I am a little dissatisfied, i don't want to spend the rest of my life satisfying myself. How can I get him to play with me without hurting his feelings.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • Is it possible that you could have a conversation with him asking him to please you in other ways, I know that' s not as good, but it's better than being frustrated. Good luck hon.


    Answer by zbee at 10:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • My husband was dignoisis with BP when he came home after his deployments. He is on Zoloft and his sex drive seems to be ok. You need to talk to go to his therapy with him and talk about his lak of sex on this new meds.

    Answer by DancerMomof2 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • I would try and talk about this with him, in a loving and compassionate way. Try and do some real sexy things that might spark his interest . Good Luck

    Answer by CassySchenk at 11:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • You should get him to talk to his doctor about the fact that because of the medication he is taking is affecting his sex drive. Maybe the doctor can prescribe something different.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:47 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

  • amessageofhope - thats what i was going to say have them put him on a less dosage an maybe give him something else to help his sex drive maybe you can get him interested when the kids sleep pop in a porn on accident or give him some loving. buy you something short an sexy and help him find his way back to you :)

    Answer by premiemom18 at 1:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

  • I'd say the main thing is to do your best not to pressure him. From what you said it sounds like he's frustrated too. I have a low sex drive too, and I can tell you from my own experience that if I feel like my DH is pushing me to do it, I feel pressured and it makes the situation worse.

    I know you, like my DH, have needs that are important, too. Just try to be subtle. Maybe try to pay special attention to pick things to wear that he really likes on you. Try renting a regular movie (not porn) with a good sex scene. There's that one with Diane Lane...Unfaithful I think is the title. Good luck with this!!!

    Answer by amyb99 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

  • Im sorry momma. Try to talk with him about it. Make sure he knows you understand. Maybe his doctor can help.

    Answer by SimplySybil at 9:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

  • Rub on him, get him in the mood. Get him out of his shell.

    Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:33 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

  • Viagra, in addition to the other meds.

    Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.