Christmas Tradition

What family tradition have you started with your children that you didn't have when you were a child?

We started opening one Christmas gift on Christmas Eve and it was always the same thing and to this day my children have continued it. We always gave new pj's on Christmas eve. It started because I wanted nice Christmas morning pictures.

meandmyshadow

Asked by meandmyshadow at 10:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The kids open a present on Christmas Eve which is always new pajamas. Sometimes they are matching and sometimes they are different. We then take pictures in front of the tree with each child wearing a Santa hat.
    London3

Answer by London3 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Almost same as you, we open up a Christmas eve, but we save one gift for morning.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We changed Christmas all the way around.
    We do not go into debt like my parents did.
    We actually have only one child and it is easier to pay for things right as we purchse it, so what tradition I changed was credit debt!
    Plus I don't force my family to church, instead we watch the ten commandments on tv.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• my ex hubby and I started the tradition of opening one gift on christmas eve with our children too. I now have grandchildren and we still follow the same tradition.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We light a candle on the 24th. Then start opening presents at midnight, and I make hoska, a traditional Bohemian bread for breakfast.
    amanda81919

Answer by amanda81919 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2010