Has anyone experienced this?!?

Me and my SO broke up as all of you who read my recent questions know, but I'm still living with him for this week and next week until I move out, well the reason I broke up with him is because we weren't getting along and he basically treated me like shit and didn't even care to acknowledge his unborn child.Well ever since I called it off and told him I was leaving he has been the sweetest, most talkative and respectful guy ever, he went back to being the guy I fell in love with!

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Btw, we have had a bunch of breakups over the past few months.But he would always be the one who broke up with me, I'd leave for a few days then everything would go back to normal and I'd come back, but this time he's being wierd and I haven't even left yet.He also over heard a couple of friends telling me I could do better and basically giving me advice and I think he took it to heart which is weird because usually he cares less, but my question is why would he be acting this way and what should i do?
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Typical Man! He realizes that he screwed up, although he probably won't admit it. He is hoping you'll change your mind.
    Anonymous

• He's having a typical response. now that he's losing you he's seeing what he has had all along. The reason it's different this time is because you broke up with him not vice versa. If he broke up with you it means he could come crawling back and all would be well. But with you making the choice he has no control it's all on you and your decision. Beware this sudden change. Too often will a person change for the better but after a short time go back to their normal habits. Do you want to work things out with him? If so I say still leave make him redeem himself to where he should have been all along.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Thanks bubblycute, and yes eventually I would love to be with him, but like you said I will most definitly still leave and give it awhile and see how he acts.I think the time apart will be for the better, and I know I will love the time alone to get my thoughts together and focus on ME for once, I feel he knows he was wrong but he will need many more days and nights to himself to truly see what he has caused between us.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• When I was married to my ex, we split up several times. Each time we went back together, his treatment of me always got worse than the time we were together before. I told him the last time we split up before the final break-up that if it happened again that it would be for the last time. In the intervening time, he started sexually and emotionally abusing me. An old friend came along that I fell in love with, and he got me away from the abusive ex (whose initials are, appropriately enough, AH). Well, AH tried to convince me that he'd changed, and I told him he'd have to prove it to me. He asked me how he was going to prove it if we weren't together, and I told him that that was his problem. Cont.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• We both shed a few tears, and he has proven that he has NOT changed. What's scary is that he was probably as bad as the person I'm seeing now, only I didn't see it until my current husband got me out of the situation.

My point is, give yourself some space and see if he's the person you fell in love with. If not, your eyes may be being opened, and you may need to stay away from him.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• How come it is always the mans fault. There are two sides to every story! Maybe she is the problem. Oh, wait no one ever thinks of that on here do they.
    Anonymous

• Uh excuse me anon, obviously if it was my fault I wouldve stated that, did YOU ever think of that?!?
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Take some time for yourself. You need to be in a good place for your sanity and the health of your baby. If you are meant to be together then he will change for good and you'll see that. Give it time and be certain. Don't just give in after a few good times. Good luck!
    4MyBoys9800

Answer by 4MyBoys9800 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2008