Has anyone read TheRoad by Cormack McCarthy?

What did you think of it?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• At first I wasn't sure, but found the book to be very thought provoking. Sure makes you wonder how you would survive and how far you would go. Kind of scary, because it takes you out of your comfort zone mentally. Did you like the book?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• What was it about?
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Is that the one about the end of the world? The father, son?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yes, Kathy that's the book.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I saw the movie and it was horrible. It haunted me for days people eating each other like that. Anyway I also thought the movie was ridiculous because I do not feel it would happen like that.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I've only read about 40 pages so far. I just started reading it today. I saw bits of the movie when I was at my friend's house yesterday and then I remembered that I had just checked the book out. It's definitely different, but I haven't gotten far enough into it to give a real opinion.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I didn't know they made a movie based on the book, would I be able to find it on net flicks? The book starts out slow so don't give up, I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts when you're through reading it.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'm definitely not giving up on it. I saw enough of the movie to make me want to read the book (but thankfully not enough to really spoil it). I checked, and yes it is on Netflix, but only on DVD.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Thanks, I'll have to send for it!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Usually the books are better than the movies...lets hope that is the case for this book. We endured the movie and I would never want to pick up that book. The movie was pointless, it started out promising...then nothing. Maybe the book has more to offer.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2010