Which is the lesser of two 'evils'?

Kool-aid (flavored sugar water) or Soda pop (bubbly sugar water and I'm not counting caffeinated)

Not personally saying either one is evil, but you know how mom's are on this site, you give you child some sugary substance and they're bound to have a mouthful of rotted out teeth and be in the bottom 5% of their class.

So what do you think, which one would you least likely give your child?

I'm asking to pick between the two, not just answer 'neither'.

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 11:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I'd do the koolaid over pop, mainly because pop isn't sugar water anymore - it's corn syrup water. The koolaid you can mix with sugar or stevia and you know what's going in it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I give soda. I don't have to make it. Kool aid is just as bad as soda. I used it to clean my dishwasher last week.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 12:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I don't buy either FOR my kids, BUT, when we go out to eat (which is really rare) they are allowed clear soda (or chocolate milk, if it's an option, and if it is, they go for the choco), and when we have big family meals at the IL's, MIL makes kool aid. So they do get them both on rare occasion, but I don't buy either one for them to consume at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Kool aid
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 1:27 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Once in awhile mine wil get soda. They drink water, milk, 1/2 n 1/2 juice or CL.
    aubrianasangel

Answer by aubrianasangel at 1:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Kool-aid, you can easily water it down and cut the sugar in half and it still tastes good. Watered down pop is terrible.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If I have to choose between the 2, kool-aid. No caffeine. And you can get sugar free, or cut he sugar down, as someone else suggested.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Kool-aid over soda
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:40 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• soda with no caffeine
    beeandlacismom

Answer by beeandlacismom at 10:50 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I didn't give my kids either, but does KA contain the phosphoric acids, like soda?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:09 AM on Dec. 22, 2010