Children sleeping together.

Do you allow your children to sleep in the same bed? Our kids girl3 and boy who is 6 have to sleep in the same room. They have their own rooms and seperate beds. However, our daughter will not fall asleep with out her brother.

DancerMomof2

Asked by DancerMomof2 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it's nice. Some families have no choice but for their kids to share a bed.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• well i do. they sometimes play too much when they in bed together. they use that time to get along...lol but yes i do
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Break her of sleeping with her brother now. They should not be sleeping in the same bed and soon your son will need his own room. Yes, she will cry and be upset and that is okay. The longer you allow this to be, the more difficult it will be on your daughter. Is it possible for your son to have his own room now? Why are they in the same room? Many parents think it is okay to have siblings in the same room and it is not an issue when they are same sex, but bothers and sisters really do need there own space. Try not to rationalize this away if you only have two bedrooms, your son will need is own space and little sis will accept it, don't give in!
    cookingwdenay

Answer by cookingwdenay at 11:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• No, they have seperate rooms. They are on the same side of the house. If I seperate them she will wake up and get in bed with him. We bought him a bunk bed from SANTA this year, (say a prayer for us putting it together Christmas Eve) in the hopes that she will not climb on it. LOL
    DancerMomof2

Comment by DancerMomof2 (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i would put stop to it he is boy and they should sleeping in their own bed not with his sister i can understand her sleeping with her other sister but not her brother
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think it's adorable! I always wished I had an older brother to take care of me. Your kids are lucky!
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We had 5 kids in one room for a few years - 3 girls in one triple bunk, the two boys in the other bunk bed. It was fine. And when we were younger, we had a California King mattress in the basement den and for holidays and cold nights, and we would all snuggle together. I only have one little guy so far, and he snuggles with Mommy and Daddy. I think it's great!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 2:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• its ok for now i guess
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2010