how can I lessen my anxiety about working?

I have been a SAHM since my son was born. He is now 2 and a half. My husband and I aren't living together right now because of where he works and where we live. I have been alone with my son for over 9 months only seeing DH once or twice a month. We will start living together again in the next month or 2. I know when we do he will want me to get a job.
Just the thought of getting a job and being with out my son is terrifying. I tried to go back to work when he was just over a year and I couldn't. I couldn't make it through the door of the office at one place after 2 weeks of working there and I couldn't even make it through the door of my home with the second by the 3rd day.
I become paralyzed with fear and it feels like I am going to puke. It feels like my brain freezes and I can't think. It is blind panic. Just the thought of having to work gives me anxiety.
Going to work was hard enough before I had DS. I have only ever worked part time because of anxiety and agoraphobia isssues I had in the past. Before I had DS I was getting way better with them, but now it is worse then it ever has been and it seems to steam from working. I am not lazy, I do a lot of hard work day in, day out. This is spasicly about working and I just don't under stand what is going on.
Any help or suggestions would be great.

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 11:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Health

• Ya, you need to see a doctor to cope with your anxiety. It's bigger for you than just going to work. You need therapy and possibly some medication and that's all good. You'll be just great once you get the help you need.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010