am i overthinking this?

i go to college with a guy and ive known him 6 months and he is always flirting with me. i like him a lot but been to shy to ask him out. a mutual friend talked to him behind my back to see what was up with him and he told her that he didnt want to ruin our friendship
after she told me i asked him if she talked to him and he said yeah and then told me that he told her he didnt want to go that far just yet....
im not sure what to think about that. i want to bring up the possiblity of a relationship but afriad that im gonna push him away.....help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Did you every see the movie "He's just not that into you?" I was in the US Navy, where I met my husband and I can tell you (after serving with hundreds of Sailors) one thing I know after over 50 years, when a man is into you, he will move heaven and earth to be with you; and when he is not, he won't move one foot. The ball is in his court, just be a friend and keep it movin! Have a Merry Christmas!
    cookingwdenay

Answer by cookingwdenay at 11:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'd wait and be a little flirty to see what happens.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't pursue anything at this point, if he wanted something more he wouldn't have told that to you and your friend. If you bring it up again I think it will just push him away.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Don't push it. When he's ready, I'm sure he will let you know.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I dont no this happened to me to but like a month later he switched his story and actullay wanted to get with me so just play it out dont rush anything let wind blow and the he will come :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:46 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Just continue being flirty as long as it's fun, and don't worry about it. If he all of a sudden changes his mind, he'll say something.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Don't push anything. If/when he's ready he will come to you. There is always the potential that he's really not that into you, sees you as a flirty friend, and didn't want to upset your friend.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Sometimes the flirting is more fun than the relationship is. I would just wait this out and enjoy the fun of the flirting back and forth!

amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 9:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Let him do the work. The friend already f*cked up. There isn't anything you can do damage control wise. Flirt yes, if he ignites it.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:27 AM on Dec. 22, 2010