what to put on stitches?

My 16 month old has stitches on her forehead, whats the best ointment to use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Kids' Health

• honestly i'd ask a doctor but ive come to find out A&D cures it all from tattoos to diaper rash
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 3:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Nothing unless it becomes infected. Keep a bandage on it. Neosporin if it starts to get a little goopy or puss come out.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 3:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Neosporin!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I was told to put triple antibiotic (aka neosporin) on my DD stitches.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• PS I was told to do that right way... It was because the stitches were on her forehead and the Dr told me it would keep the hair from sticking to it...and it will minimize her scar.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Ask the doctor first. They might tell you to apply a Rx strength. But neosporin is a good one. Any triple anti-Biotic ointment. But I would think that it should just be loosely bandaged and let it air? I dont remember my parents putting anything on my stitches as a child...jw
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• my daughters doctor gives us bacitracin for her stiches it helps protect from infection and it helps with the scarring also.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• dont forget to wash the area as directde by your doctor that'll help protect against infection and if there the disolveable ones it'll help them by protecting but dissolving within there time.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2008