What sling do you use for your baby?

New mom trying to figure out all the important stuff to buy and I really want a sling to hold my baby tight.

tymma11

Asked by tymma11 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I preferred my Ergo Baby. I didn't get it until DS was 4 months old, and I wish I'd had it sooner! It was awesome! There's an infant sling that goes inside for when they're really little. It goes front and back, up to 40 lbs! DS is 2, and I still use it fairly often.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I used a maya wrap is the one that has 2 rings and lots of fabric it a little bit more pricey around 45 to 60 dls than the regular baby carriers but it last a long time the fabric would not suffocate my baby like the padded ones and the extra fabric was awesome to cover me for breastfeeding and really easy to adjust according her weight and what ever I was doing but also you can do your own by buying around 4 yrd of fabric and wrapping your little one at your own convenience use cotton there are some like that made out of silk but I heard that the baby could slip from those.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I use the mei tai wrap. My sister who's really into slings and wraps gave it to me as a gift. Mine is a fully tie one but I want to see about getting one that clips. I do like it and so does my dd (3 months).
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I love my Moby wrap. Simple, easy to wash and use, a million uses! And stylish!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Honestly, you will get as many different answers as responders. I personally love pouch slings for infants (and soft structured carriers or mei tais for toddlers).

What things are important to you? Nursing? Convenience? Price? Good weight distribution? Style?

What things don't you care about so much? Do you not mind taking some time to put it on, or if it's expensive, etc...
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:15 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i never had one. but i wish i did
    sunflower1986

Answer by sunflower1986 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I want my baby comfy in the sling and I also want it easy to use bcuz I plan to BF. Cheaper would be better for hubby.
    tymma11

Comment by tymma11 (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2010