Bump on thigh...anyone ever had this?

I have been getting a reoccurring pimple like bump on my inner thigh for a few years now. Its red and sometimes will have a white head and sometimes doesn't. I usually try not to pop it. When I do symptom checkers online or try and look up a similar condition it usually comes up with herpes. Like I said, I've been getting this bump for 3 or 4 years so I started getting it before I was pregnant.  I don't think its herpes because I would think they would have caught that when they did the blood work or at one of my many paps since then. The bump is really painful sometimes and usually goes away in 3-5 days. Here lately it seems that its showing up more often. Anyone have any ideas at what it may be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• I get them sometimes. IF it's the same as mine it's just a pimple. Weird place for it I know.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• sounds like a boil to me.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:33 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It may be a boil or an infected hair follicle...I wouldn't worry about it, put a little peroxide on it when it comes up if it gets real irritated put some neosporin and a bandaide on it to see if it goes away any faster...
    StressedOut107

Answer by StressedOut107 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It does sounds like a boil. Otherwise it might just be an infected hair follicle or something. Have the Dr. check it out next time you're there.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:46 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• take a dose of amoxicilline 500 three times daily for seven days[take it if u r not allergic to pencilline] .it will help and if it dosent see a surgeon.
    naira768

Answer by naira768 at 5:11 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• pimple?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2010