I am thankful a question was asked earlier...

I was told by a psychiatrist that I should never turn down my Hubby. I thought that I was being wrong for not wanting to be intimate when I didn't.

Now I know I am correct in how I feel.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 12:26 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Was the therapist a man?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:27 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Oh hun! You can turn you hubby down anytime you don't feel like it! Don't listen to that idiot. They probably think a husband can't rape his wife either.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• OMG, what a quack! You have the right to say no to sex, regardless of whether you are married! I can't believe a doctor would make you feel bad for not saying yes every time! I'm glad my question helped you feel less alone! =)
    I always feel bad turning down DH, because no one likes rejection, but if I just can't muster it, I'm not going to. If I think I could get into it, I'm more likely to say yes.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• yup- Thats my guess- shrink was a male!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Um, huh, excuse me.. You were told what?

Oh, honey... ya know.. men can really take care of themselves if they have to.

LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• What kind of shrink did you go to! You have every right to turn him down, we're not living in ths middle east where women have no rights!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It was a male psychiatrist. I am now seeing his associate though.
    But I talked with my Hubby tonight about how I felt and he said it is Ok that I feel the way I do at times. He said that we have our whole lives to do things like that.
    But thanks for all the replies, I was feeling very alone tonight. My Mother doesn't like to discuss these things.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• dump that nut job of psychiatrist...bad advice from one who is educatied. Talk with your hubby...it will help the relationship to be open and honest.
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 8:53 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It is up to you what you want, not the psychiatrists.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Intimate is not always SEX ladies. I think it is a good idea to be affectionate with your hubbs like never push his hugs away or kisses away. But yeah, you can turn down sex or make a compromise like I do....he he.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2010