At what age do you start teaching your child to use the pot?

My son is now walking and others are telling me when they start walking you start potty training.

poobaby

Asked by poobaby at 3:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh LMAO, I thought you said at what age did you start teaching your child to use pot, as in the drug, and I was horrified!!
    Anyways, really, you need to wait until he's giving you the signals, not just because he's walking.
    If he can hold his bladder through naps/night, if he wants to watch you or anyone else use the potty, if he can tell you he's wet/poopy and needs a change, ect.
    Those are some of the signs to look for.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 3:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Whenever you want, just don't be too pushy! Some kids won't decide to be ready on their own and then get into trouble when they're going off to school and don't know how to use the bathroom!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• And LOL, I thought the pot thing at first, too!
    KatieCrandall

• Most Mom's start potty training boys at about age 3. Each parent and child is different. But no matter what age you cant force a kid to use the potty.  They usually tell you they are wet or stinky butt and that's how I knew it was time to potty train.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2008