Airports and strollers

ok so normally when I fly I take my umbrella stroller but i'm finding it's too hard to push the stroller and pull my carry-ons. I have a jeep jogging stroller that pretty much pushes itself and i could fit my son's suit case in the basket along with his backpack for diapers.

my question is, has anyone traveled with a larger stroller and do you have any problems going through security and when you check it on the plane?

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Travel

• I always take a double stroller when traveling. Going through security is the hardest because they always want to send it through the scanners and I have to take everything out and break it down. A side by side would not fit so I am not sure what they would do.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:00 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I agree with pp, the hardest part is breaking it down at security so they can check it. You have to take everything out of it. Other than that it isn't too bad taking a bigger stroller.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We used a regular stroller when we flew. So it was bigger. As long as it fits through the conveyor belt, it should be fine. Make sure to bring a bag for it, for when you get to the gate. Ours was so disgustingly dirty when we got it back, the bag, not the stroller.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:03 AM on Dec. 22, 2010