Do you know your family health history?

I do, and it terrifies me!! It's part of why I've gotten very serious about taking care of myself. I can check almost every box in a list of family history of health conditions. That said, All of my grandparents smoked, and two were drinkers, both habits I avoid.

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 1:12 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• Yes, I know my family's and my husband's family's. His scares the fudge out of me. Diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart conditions all run rampant in that side of the family. in fact, one of his daughters died from diabetes complications last weekend. It's made me determined to live as healthy a lifestyle as possible so that our children's lifestyle doesn't trigger the genetics playbook they were born with.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:27 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Ours is pretty ugly as well. I need to take better care of myself to avoid/prevent the diseases I can.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 1:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• ya family histroys do matter but if u take the precautions it is really helps.take less oil,exercise daily,take fish if u r non veg,take skimmed form of milk and a bowl of green vegis u see u will rock...choose the correct oil.this all will maintain ur colestrol,balance ur harmones,and increase good colestrol in u.
    naira768

Answer by naira768 at 5:05 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I only know half. The woman who gave birth to me left when I was 6 months old and I've had no contact.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I know mine very well.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes, scares me as well.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2010