How do you make the time for exercise?

I do a few things. Sometimes I get up before everyone else and hit the gym, if my day is busy. If I can't get out of the house, I do a Jillian Michaels video at home (my 2 year old loves to "excise" with me!). If DH can watch DS, I go for a run, then do the video.
How do you do it?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 1:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Just do it. That's been my motto. I won't skip it any more than I'll skip my shower, a meal, or any other of life's basic necessities. When my kids were small, I did it when they were napping, or I piled them in a double stroller and went for 3 or 4 miles with hills and all. As they got a little bigger, I would set them up with a 45 minute DVD in my bedroom, and I'd bust it out hard in the living room. Now I do it while they're at school, or sometimes I will go walking/jogging take them with me.
    We're ALL busy. Everybody just has to prioritize and manage their time well. I find that people will generally make time for what's important to them; otherwise, they will come up with reasons to not do it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'm still trying to figure out HOW to find time..and how to get motivated. I may have lost 10lbs in the past few weeks not even doing anything, but I want to lose weight in a healthier way.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• me too - trying to get into the groove. I might see about hiring a personal trainer.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 1:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yep - I'm still looking for how to fit it into my life. Good luck to you!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:27 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• try and include it with chores and stuff
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Vicesix, good job making it a priority, and showing your kids that! It's so important, but so undervalued in our society.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2010