What motivates you to get healthy?

I want to be a good example to my son (and future kids).
I want to enourage mu husband to take care of himself.
I want to feel healthy.
I want to have energy.
I want to have less pain.
I want to look and feel sexy.
I want to be able to show off my strong body.
I want to be able to do the things I want to do without my weight or lack of endurance getting in the way.
I want to show my kids that eating right and exercising is NORMAL.
I want to beat my strong family history of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer (among other ailments).
I want to beat depression.
I want to be able to say I've done a marathon/century ride/triathlon.
I want to feel strong.
I want to be proud of my body and what it can do for me.

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 1:21 AM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I watch family members pay the price for living an unhealthy lifestyle. They are over weight, have no energy, are taking all kinds of medications and are constantly complaining about how terrible they feel.
    I don't want my kids to have to go through that so I do what I can now to stay healthy.
    Anonymous

• I simply don't like how I feel when I've gained ten pounds. I have less energy and my attitude isn't as good and I feel a little icky about how I look. When I'm fit, I feel strong, energized, healthy and healthy minded. I'm particularly in touch with this now, since I've neglected working out for a while.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I love all those reasons! My problem with motivation is I don't have anyone to work out with. . . I am one of those people that feel like a complete fool exercising alone. . . But I love to exercise and do Yoga. . . I have been doing yoga at home for the past 7 years and prior to that I did yoga for 5+ years. And I just started a 3 week get started exercise program. . . so YAY! still no one to work out with, yet. . . but I am working up to it. . . I want my DD and family to know that it is ok to be healthy and all. . . and encourage them to do the same. . . ya know.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 2:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• to be here 2moro!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• All the same reasons you listed, with the exception of the marathon...I don't have any plans of attempting that. But everything else, yep I'm right there with you.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2010